Do you have a daughter who wants to be in the music business?
You may have questions and concerns about how to best help her. You may be wondering if she has what it takes or if this is just a pipe dream…
Are you a teen who want to be a music artist, but your parents don’t seem to understand?
Read on. And then share this page with your mom or guardian.
We’ve designed a unique Artist Development weekend for teen girls and their moms*. We know it’s vitally important for parents and their daughters to know and understand as much as possible in order to make decisions and move forward together.
Our Teen Artist Consulting Weekends are designed to educate, train, and coach young female singers and songwriters as well as their moms. We limit these to only one mother and daughter pair per weekend, enabling us to offer the most customized, holistic, and personal development possible.
The up-close and personal weekend in Nashville will help you and your daughter grasp the basics of the music industry, more clearly define her dream, understand the reality of what it entails, and clarify the wisest next steps in pursuit of it. We want to empower you with tools and strategies for holistic and sustainable success in the music industry.
Teen Artist Consulting Weekends are held at The Nashville Treehouse and presented by Grammy-nominated, veteran Dove award-winning artist, Kim Hill, along with in-demand session and touring vocalist, Kim Keyes (Amy Grant, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban) and hit songwriter, touring, and studio musician, Paulette Wooten (Jesus Culture, Rita Springer).
* We recognize that not all young women have living or present mothers. Teen Artist Consulting Weekends are open for any female legal guardian to accompany their teen artist.
To apply you must be 14-17 years old.
The weekend will include two tracks — one for the teen artist and one for mom — as well as combined sessions.
PARENT SESSION HIGHLIGHTS:
Led by Kim Hill (Treehouse co-founder and Grammy-nominated recording artist for 28 years) along with other professionals and experts in their field within the music industry
- Honest conversations with Kim about the challenges of supporting your daughter and the perils of being a “Mom”-ager or “stage mom.” Kim has not only learned valuable lessons from her own journey in the music industry, but also has experience as a mom of two successful sons, one in college football and the other as a national recording artist and hit songwriter.
- Artist Management
- Record labels vs indie artist
ARTIST/SINGER-SONGWRITER SESSION HIGHLIGHTS:
Led Paulette Wooten (Treehouse co-founder, producer, programmer, musician, and composer), Kim Keyes, andother professionals and experts in specific areas of focus
- Vocal coaching
- Song critiques
COMBINED SESSIONS WITH PROFESSIONALS:
- Recording in the studio
- Stage performance
- Branding, image, and style
- Why social media and branding is as important as song choice and performance